Are you getting ready to relocate to a new home? You'll probably find things go much more smoothly if you use a structured checklist to help you plan, organize and execute your move.
Free Checklist to Organize Your Move
The moving checklist provided here is free for you to download and use. Just click the image below to access the document. It will open as a PDF file that you can save to your computer and print for use whenever you are ready to get started preparing for moving day.
If the file does not open right away, you may need to install Adobe Reader or adjust the settings on your computer. Use the tips provided in this guide to printables for assistance if needed.
Using the Checklist
This checklist is organized by week and is prefilled out with tasks you'll need to complete at specific time frames moving day. To get the greatest benefit from using the document, print it at least a month before moving and attach it to a clipboard.
- Review the list right away, making notes and adding items as needed in the space provided.
- Keep the clipboard with the list handy in the weeks leading up to your move.
- Check off items on the list as you accomplish them.
- Use the time frames on the list to schedule moving-related appointments.
- Work your way through the various tasks using the time frame suggested on the document.
- If you get behind with the items on the list, set aside time as soon as you realize you are off schedule to get caught up.
Enjoy a Smooth Move
By using this checklist and following other helpful moving tips, you will be on your way to changing your address with a minimal amount of stress and aggravation. This checklist applies whether you are moving down the street or across the country, though there are some additional things to consider if you are moving out of state. Of course, you can't control every variable associated with relocating with even the most well-thought-out plans. It's probably also a good idea to invest in moving insurance so you'll be prepared even if things don't go as planned.